Picture here is Sprinkles, who is currently broody. I wasn’t terribly concerned, I just pulled her out of the coop a few times a day to make sure she got food and water and exercise. Until yesterday.
I’d thought that my other ladies weren’t laying much lately because of the heat – that can happen. I’ve only been getting one brown egg a day lately. Turns out they have been laying eggs. Under a pallet we’ve been stacking wood on. I found a dozen white and green eggs stacked up under the edge – I only saw them because it was getting crowded and one had rolled out partially.
So now, I’m taking this Broody-Breaking a little more seriously. I’ve already tried the water-dips, and that didn’t work. So now, I’ll try the “kenneling” treatment. I don’t want to, it doesn’t sound nice at all, but I’ve got to find a way to get her out of the coop so the other ladies can lay their eggs in the comfort of their nesting boxes.